[NSRCA-discussion] SD-10

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Mon Aug 24 15:25:02 AKDT 2009

Do you really think its the improvement in resolution and not the improvement in speed between the two systems?  I'm sure I don't have tight enough linkages to take advantage of 2048. I'm not sure they're tight enough to detect 1024. That would require less than .001" slop.   .0005" for 2048.

I pushed hard for 2048 because of all the "buzz" but after doing the math realized that no other part of my equipment has that level of accuracy.  To be fair, I don't run the MK ball bearing  linkages though.

I'm inclined to agree that were getting speed in excess of our ability to discern, though I'm guessing that the responsiveness of a full scale jet is less than that of a 3D Heli.

I think a LOT of this is similar to the old distortion specs for stereo equipment prior to CDs.  Early CD players would boast signal to noise ratio's better than their competition even though even the cheapest units far exceeded the level of human hearing.