[NSRCA-discussion] Made the swtich to 2.4G SS

Anthony Abdullah aabdu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 23 16:35:20 AKDT 2009

Bob,
I am glad that you have come to the "Dark Side". I am a long time JR guy that made the switch after losing my electric Integral on 72mhz Synthesized JR9303 at the Columbus contest (may my sweet sweet E-Integral rest in peace). I bought the Airtronics SD10G and have been using it in my E-Black Magic with no problems whatsoever (knock wood). So far it has been extremely solid and reliable.

I am sure that Mark Atwood regrets my decision to switch as I have gotten in the bad habit of using him as my "living manual", since the switch I have found myself calling him for step by step programming instructions BEFORE even looking for it in the manual. To his credit he has been very good about it but I am letting everyone know that I am weening myself from that practice.

My only very minor issues with the ATX is the trim tab layout and the digital throttle trim (I prefer mechanical but understand why they made it digital). By there being six trim tabs they are not centered and it has taken me a minute to get used to finding them without looking down.

Overall I am very happy with the value that the Airtronics SD10 provides.

Anthony