[NSRCA-discussion] Soldering to LiPo battery tabs

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 22 04:59:43 AKDT 2009

I'm having trouble getting ordinary silver bearing solder to flow and bond
with the metal tabs at the end of some 5000 mAh LiPo cells.  What's
interesting is that I can re-solder to any spot where it was originally
soldered by the manufacturer, but I can't start a new solder joint.  I've
tried extensive cleaning of the metal, no luck.  Does anyone know what the
material is that those tabs are made from?  Is it an aluminum alloy of some
type?

Thanks

Ed