[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba 10CAG

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Aug 18 04:35:35 AKDT 2009

The 10C is a good radio. However, as others have mentioned, the sticks are not ball bearing. It also does not have flight conditions. Other than that, I have been happy with the programming features available.

The original 10C allows both 2.4g and the old 72mhz modules. Once you have started flying 2.4, you won't go back, IMHO.

The 10CG does not have a module, the 2.4g rf circuitry is internal. It has the antenna on the top of the case where the old 72mhz antenna resided.

Adding a 2.4 module to the 9C has limitations. First, it is not native 2.4g modulation, the radio must be in PPM mode so latency is not as good as the 10C, 12Z, 12FG, 14MZ  Also, the TM-8 module (which fits the 9C) has a switch that must be flipped to change between the 7ch and 8ch modes. You will want the 8ch reciever for you pattern plane (higher resolution) but if you also fly sport or foamy planes you will want something smaller.  This means you will have to flip the switch, which is small and not meant to be changed frequently. With the 10c and higher, this setting is programmed in the radio for each model.

I have the 10C and like it, but if I had it to do over again I probably would go for the 12FG.  Or, maybe, the Airtronics.  :-)

Bob R.