[NSRCA-discussion] Full Flying Stab

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Fri Aug 14 09:42:14 AKDT 2009

If you pivot a surface at the aerodynamic center of the surface,
there is no additional pitching moment generated on the surface as it
is pivoted.  There is an inherent zero-lift pitching moment present
as a result of the shape of the surface, but you can always build a
symmetric surface, which has no inherent pitching moment at zero lift.

Ron VP