[NSRCA-discussion] Full Flying Stab

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Fri Aug 14 09:05:39 AKDT 2009

I was faced with this problem many years ago when I build a canard
(tail-first) airplane with a full flying stab.  I solved it by
pivoting the stab at the aerodynamic center of the stab, to minimize/
eliminate moment change with deflection of the stab.  Then I spring
loaded the stab with a soft helical spring in one direction, so the
stab, in effect, had no "backlash".

Ron VP