[NSRCA-discussion] New Vehicle

John Konneker jlkonn at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 14 06:04:21 AKDT 2009

I don't have a clunker to trade...

I said trade...not that I didn't own one!

:-)

I have a std cab, 2wd, short wheelbase, V6 F-150 pickup.  With the factory wheels, tonneau cover and tubular

side steps it looks really good.  Oh and it's red.  It has over 100,000 miles on it and the book is quite a bit under

the $4500 CFC value.  I took it to a quick lube place yesterday.  You know where they try to sell you everything from

a brake flush to nitrogen in your tires.  When I got out I told them don't try to sell me nothin'...It may be a cash for clunker.

I thought I was going to have to fight my way out of the place.  The used car guy next door even came over begging me

to sell it to him!

Figures, for the first time in my life I have a desirable trade and it's probably #3 down the list for replacement.  Going to have

to buy a vehicle for oldest daughter this year and of course then there's the Expedition I'm really wanting to get rid of.

Even when I told all these guys this they still would hardly let me drive off.

Oh well..

JLK