[NSRCA-discussion] OS 140RX Need Help

Lisa n Larry lld613 at psci.net
Sun Aug 9 13:01:08 AKDT 2009

First I want to thank Jeff Hughes. He and Steve Maxwell were the two that
helped me get started in pattern in 2003. Jeff spent about an hour total
with me on the phone talking me through the main bearing replacement.

The engine is running strong. I replaced the front bearing, rear bearing,
and piston ring (Dennis told me how to do it right) because I didn't follow
proper directions.

Idle's reliably for over a minute at 2,000 RPM.No Hesitation transitioning
to full throttle and no spitting fuel out of the carb at all.

I did not need to mess with the LE needle. So the solution to this was.

1) Purge the pump with denatured alcohol. I used about 5 ounces.

2) Replaced the main bearing.

Thanks a toon for everyone's input.

Larry

PS.Hope to see ya at Quincy next weekend for those attending. You may want
to bring hard hats while you judge my flights.vbg

  _____