[NSRCA-discussion] OS 140RX Need Help

Phil Spelt chuenkan at comcast.net
Sun Aug 9 08:54:46 AKDT 2009

Larry,

I have run the 140RX -- FANTASTIC engine!!!  I
agree with Dave.  When you pinch the fuel line,
you lean out the engine temporarily, so it picks
up speed until it dries out and quits.  Lean the
low-speed needle until it will idle "forever" --
a minute or more, and pick up smoothly through
midrange to full throttle without hesitation.  I
have never had my 140RX stall, at idle or in the air...

.

>My main spare bearing is a Boca Bearing
P/N
>6904Z and it is either shielded or sealed

>There appears to be no detectable play in the
>main bearing currently installed in the motor

>My strategy is to flush the pump first and see
>how it responds
If no go, then replace the main bearing

>Thanks for all the help, I will keep you
>posted
Hopefully we will get a few practice flights in yet today

>Larry
>

>----------

I believe it is either
>an OS # 8 or a “F”
I don’t have a 61 FX

>Always coming back to the main bearing
There seems to be a trend here

>I haven’t flown a contest in over two
>years
Looking to get back in the saddle
I appreciate all the help
.

>Larry
>
>PS, Dennis you just want to see my caller LOL

When at half throttle and lower it will bog down
.

>HS needle is at about 1-3/4 out leaned from
>about 2 turns out. I don’t know the pump settings.
>
>This is a used engine already installed in a plane

>Is it just a matter of the pump pressure being
>too high or do I have other problems to deal with
???