[NSRCA-discussion] Trim Change

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Thu Aug 6 09:12:37 AKDT 2009

J N Hiller wrote:

> OH I never thought about it being a TX problem.

In your case it sounds like the leaking fuel is the culprit.

Having said that, one of the key diagnostics for bad pots in Futaba
transmitters is a trim or centering change when changing conditions or
switching dual rates. This assumes that you are not programmed to allow
different trims in different conditions.

It really is a good idea to send your radio in once a year, or no more
than every couple of years. I see so many posts of problems that start
with "My radio has performed flawlessly for 8 years now..." Then you
find out that the thing has never once been serviced. Not servicing the
radio is like driving without ever changing your oil. Neither is a good
idea.