[NSRCA-discussion] Airborne voltmeter

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Wed Aug 5 08:41:49 AKDT 2009

James Oddino wrote:

> Has anyone run across a small, light voltmeter that could be left in
> the plane wired across the input to the ESC?  The idea is to make sure
> your pack is fully charged when you plug it into the ESC.  It would
> need a range from 30 to 42 volts and needs a resolution of at least
> one volt.  I want to see a difference between 38 and 41 volts.
>
> Jim
> __

The old i4c C-Volt should work. I forget the max voltage but I think it
would work. Not sure where you could get one. Radio South has a loaded
voltmeter that uses a similar unit in it. Maybe Tony can tell you if
that meter would work.

I track packs using a small piece of red Velcro. When I take a pack out
of a plane I stick a small piece of red Velcro on each pack. I remove it
when the pack goes on the charger. That way I can tell at a glance if a
pack is ready to go or not. You could even go one step beyond and stick
a green piece of Velcro on charged packs.