[NSRCA-discussion] Heathkit

John Konneker jlkonn at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 4 06:46:06 AKDT 2009

I had the pleasure of meeting a gentleman named Mike Gaishin (sp?) at the Peoria contest.

It's my understanding he was the main designer of the Heathkit radio control systems.  He was very

interesting to listen to at the Saturday night get together at Terry's house.  I have the impression he's

been flying for only a year after a long layoff.  When I told him about the discussions on this list recently

about all the great memories folks have of the Heathkit products his face lit up!  He said he feels very fortunate

to have worked Heathkit.

Nice guy.

JLK