[NSRCA-discussion] Peoria PRCM contest

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 3 04:51:03 AKDT 2009

 Wow is all I can say. We gotta a keeper here and a future destination contest has been established.
  My personal top 10 of things I liked about the FAT LAKE CONTEST!
 #1 the field and the setting is beautiful. Nearly perfect!
 #2 It was very well organized. Bob Wilson and his friends wanted it to go right and they did their homework well.
 #3 the club members seemed to support and welcome the pattern fliers. They are an above average group of guys.
 #3 the local participation was very good with a lot of potential talent in the area being introduced to pattern. Now if we can get them to a few contests it'll complete the cycle.
 #4 one of the best saturday night bashes I have ever attended at a pattern contest. Our scorer Terry and his wife Barbera have a really neat house on the Illinois river ( Upper Lake Peoria) and the party was held on their deck overlooking the lake. Half kegger of PBR, Brats and a lot of great stories and playful ribbing.
 #5 a lot of guys from D5 and 2 from D4 who got it and drove some pretty decent distances to make sure the contest had the support it needed to make it viable. Thanks to all who came. You made it work.
 #6 Staying onsite for the first time in my pattern life in Rusty's camper.
 #7 waking up at 4:30 am Sunday, getting some coffee and flying foamies at the crack of dawn.
 #8 Shaky shaky..... It's an E. thing....
 #9 Along with the Doctor finding out the Big Al's in downtown Peoria is not the diner from Happy Day's. Gotta get the word out to some of my friends about that place. Good thing I got to stay at Rusty's for free.
 #10 having to endure a significant rain delay on Saturday that kept us from flying until 2:30 and a long delay for a crop duster Sunday morning and still getting all 6 rounds in for 18 pilots.
 Thanks again PRCM. Mike Mueller