[NSRCA-discussion] FW: AMA $ MAAC Insurance

Joe Lachowski jlachow at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 28 06:36:34 AKDT 2009

FYI, I received this info from Frank Granelli, D2 AVP. This is for our Canadian friends and NSRCA CD's regarding insurance at AMA sanctioned events.

From: GranelliF at aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:55:22 -0400
Subject: AMA $ MAAC Insurance
To: jlachow at hotmail.com; anthonyr105 at hotmail.com
CC: gmfitch at hotmail.com; shh27 at verizon.net; tonybons at yahoo.com

Hi Joe and Anthony,

Please note the below comments from Gary Fitch about MAAC insurance being invalid in the US at AMA events. I wanted to let you know personally as you have the Pattern contests coming  up soon and Harry, Xavier et. al. may be attending. In order for a MAAC member to fly at an AMA event, they must have a an AMA affiliate membership card. As of now, their MAAC membership is no longer sufficient.

Here are the relevant parts from Gary's memo:

"This email is of the highest importance...While in Toledo early this month, we confirmed that MAC's insurance carrier doesn't have any wording to include AMA fields in support of the reciprocity agreement that has not been renewed.  Because of the large events coming up the end of this month and next, and that the flying season has started, we have to protect our Clubs and members and also our Canadian friends by informing our members that MAC members do not currently have insurance coverage when flying in the US.

MAC members can purchase an AMA Affiliate membership, for $28.00, which provides 2-1/2 million of liability insurance for the 2009 calendar year.  CD's and Clubs can have AMA Membership Applications available for purchase at our club fields and events.  On line applications are only valid for US citizens."

I have attached a copy of the Affiliate Membership Application. It would be a good idea to have a few of these at your event. At a sanctioned event, the club is an AMA authorized agent so, if they do submit the form with payment, they can fly at the event and are covered for all of 2009. AMA suggests that you provide them with a receipt for the payment in this case.

See you soon,
Regards,
Frank Granelli
AVP Northern NJ
South Eastern NY

Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the web. Get the Radio Toolbar!

http://windowslive.com/online/skydrive?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_skydrive_042009