[NSRCA-discussion] AXI 5330 F3A care and feeding?

Chad Northeast chadnortheast at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 23 06:25:13 AKDT 2009

"glowmotorus-fixus-constantantus"

LOL Chris, thats a good one :)

I have never experienced the need for maintenance, run it until something fails!, then replace it/get it repaired....thats pretty much all you do with electrics.

Small items to check...

- Sealed bearings will start to emit black goo inside your plane as they fail, so not a bad idea to poke your head up in the nose and see if you have any of that stuff, which would indicate you may need to replace a bearing.
- connectors should be kept in good shape, if you use bullets you should check to make sure there is good contact in the socket with no arcing....the socket will be blackened if there is, replace if you see anything like that.

That's really about it.

Chad