[NSRCA-discussion] District 6 Contest Cancellations and New Event!!!

Richard Lewis humptybump at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 22 11:35:28 AKDT 2009

Although there has been no formal announcements from the respective CD's, many of you may have already heard that we have lost two important D6 contests in 2009 to the ravages of Hurricane Ike.  The Jetero Pattern Classic in Huffman, scheduled for June 6 & 7, has been withdrawn from the calendar due to conditions at their field that are not conducive to holding a contest.  The Ray Rhodes Memorial in Nederland, scheduled June 27 & 28, has also been withdrawn from the calendar due to ongoing limited access to their site.  Please join me in wishing both clubs well and looking forward to their happy return to the calendar for 2010.

This leaves the D6 Pattern pilots very short on opportunities to fly competitively prior to the AMA Nats.

In light of this situation, Mark Hunt (D6 VP) and Richard Lewis (me) have contacted the Prop-Nuts R/C Club in Crosby, Texas to ask them to help us out.  My father is a member there, and Mark and I have flown there on many occasions as IMAC competitors and guests.  At their monthly club meeting on 4/21, the club voted unanimously to host a pattern contest June 13 & 14 to help fill the void left by the loss of the other June events.  Richard and Mark will CD/Organize the event with the help of Ron Barr and Prop-Nuts members.

Prop-Nuts R/C field is near Crosby, Texas about 12 miles due south of the Jetero site (http://www.propnuts.com/).  Prop-Nuts R/C has a fantastic flying location with a smooth, closely groomed grass runway and completely clear overflight of a sod farm.  There is easy access to their site (all paved roads), ample shed space, and plenty of parking area.  Entry fee will be $30.  There are several hotels at the I-10/Garth Road intersection that are about 7 miles south of the site (these will be listed on the flyer).

We are in the process of producing a flyer to advertise the contest, please mark your calendars to come out and support the hospitality that has been shown by Prop-Nuts R/C members.

Don Ramsey's web site has been updated to reflect the new schedule and the flyer will be there as soon as it is available.  The NSRCA calendar and D6 pages are being updated as soon as practical.

Contact myself (humptybump at sbcglobal.net) or Mark (flyintexan at att.net) with any questions.

See you guys June 13...:)
Richard Lewis