[NSRCA-discussion] iPhone app for scoring

Keith Hoard khoard at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 14:38:09 AKDT 2009

We could also use an iTouch.  The apps run on either, but the iTouch doesn't
have 3G.  Yes, the app could also announce the maneuvers thru a headset to
the judge; but whose voice to use??  Hmmmmmm. . . .

Someone would have to figure out how to use the WiFi to download the scores
since the iTouch doesn't have 3G. . . peer-to-peer WiFi setup with the
scorekeepers laptop?

. . .or another, probably more manageable solution would be to use the USB
cable on the iTouch or iPhone to download the scores.  That may be an easier
solution than trying to figure out how to get the app to talk over the
internet or WiFi to the scorekeepers 'puter.

   If we don't have guys that can write the app, I know there is a cottage
industry of companies that write apps. Maybe it would be easier to hire some
long-haired hippie types to write the app.

   I'm interested to hear from the guys on the list that do IT stuff
professionally to let me know how feasable this idea is.

. . . back on my desktop 'puter. . .

--

Keith Hoard
Collierville, TN