[NSRCA-discussion] McMaster Carr

Duane Beck duane.e.beck at comcast.net
Mon Apr 13 08:10:03 AKDT 2009

I believe McMaster-Carr only uses HTTPS (secure) when you enter your credit card number.  All other transactions are in the clear.  This should only be a problem if you don't want eavesdroppers to know what you're ordering.

If you already have a key-logger on your computer, HTTPS ( or any other encryption) will not protect you.  It only protects the messages in transit between your computer and the server, preventing eavesdroppers on the network from reading them.  Once your computer is compromised with malware, game over.  Either carefully and throughly remove the malware , or reinstall your operating system from scratch.

Duane