[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba Repair Centre

Walter Nasse wnasse at telus.net
Thu Apr 2 19:54:21 AKDT 2009

BlankHello All

I just finished extracting a melted battery cartridge out of my 9Z
transmitter.

I put the NiCad battery on charge last night with my trusty Triton set at .2
A as I have done many times before. (Pack was still inside the transmitter)

A while later I went to check the charge progress and noticed a burning
smell and the charger had stopped chargeing.

The plastic case was fused to the internal battery compartment.

Needless to say that will have been the last time I charge a pack inside the
transmitter.

What is the usual turnaround time for the Futaba Repair Center? How do you
usually ship transmitters?  What do you include?

I have to ship from Canada

I'm still a little shocked as this is the first time something like this has
happend to me in 30 years of flying.

Walter

Checked by AVG.
6:09 AM