[NSRCA-discussion] JR 10X conversion to LiPo

Budd Engineering jerry at buddengineering.com
Mon Sep 22 18:53:23 AKDT 2008

Yep, and I couldn't be happier.

True R/C 2500 mAh LiPo's, $30 each, fits inside the 10X battery holder
with a minor amount of trimming with the Dremel tool.  I bought one
set to try, liked it so well I bought another and converted the spare
battery pack.  That way I can charge them out of the transmitter (not
that it matters, the charge rate is so low that the risk of a mishap
is about the same as with NiCads or NiMh).

I screwed around with a couple sets of NiMH's for the past several
years, they were a total waste of time, the self discharge rate got to
where I had to re-charge them if I didn't fly within a day or so of
the previous charge

The LiPo's peak up at 12.5 V, essentially the same voltage as a good
set of NiCads, and discharge almost linearly, so it's easy to assess
their state of discharge.

http://home.comcast.net/~truerc/ready_pack/ready_packs.htm

Thx, Jerry

Budd Engineering