[NSRCA-discussion] need tuned pipe reccomendation for Webra 145

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Mon Sep 1 17:29:17 AKDT 2008

Just sold a Grieve which was originally designed for the W145 and
performed well. At 4 1/2 ozs it was closer to the carbon types in
weight. This is probably the better value if you can find one

You can't go wrong with the Hatori aluminum but at 5 1/2 ozs, it's
heavier than the carbon but I've got about 2000 flights on mine in the
past 8 years or so, and it performs the same as when new. It's similar
in price to the ES carbon pipe at over 200$. ES perform well but don't
know anyone who has 2000 flights on any ES carbon. The aeroslaves pipe
is about as light as the ES and slightly less in cost. I have no
personal experience with the AS pipe but.... the guys who have flown it
tell me it has good performance but maybe it's longevity is a bit low
at around 300-500 flights.

Macs also offered an ally "muffled" pipe (I have one that isn't for
sale) which is lighter than the Hatori, was reasonably priced and
performed well, but tended to be louder than the others.

If weight isn't an issue, go for an ally pipe. If it is, then a carbon
type maybe a better choice since you will save around 2 ozs on pipe
alone.

MattK