[NSRCA-discussion] How much flying do you get during the winter?

Anthony Abdullah aabdu at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 31 06:22:39 AKDT 2008

There must be something to taking off part of the season to build / recouperate / refocus, as we northern short flying season pilots are just as competitive as the guys that get to fly all year long. I don't know the exact numbers, but I know, for sure, at least in FAI one of the top pilots lives in a cold climate with a relatively short flying season. That doesn't mean that they don't fly at all in the winter as they may travel, but I still find that interesting.

I don't know how they do it though, for me I take a step back every winter and stink up the joint the first couple of contests trying to get back in the groove. I usually have only had about a half dozen good pattern flights before the first contest in D4. The spring weather is just too iffy in Ohio to get in much good practice.

AA