[NSRCA-discussion] Pattern Kits

Tim tstebbins at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 09:30:22 AKDT 2008

JIm Hiller (District 8) has a 120 design that he is flying and I am
building (called the "Option 120"; he also has a 60 size called the
"Option 3" that I'm currently flying in Sportsman).   It is balsa with
foam cores and comes with a really well engineered set of plans.   I'm
old school and enjoy the building part of the hobby probably more than
than flying.   The plans are really easy to follow and Jim is very
willing to answer any question you may have.  You might want to drop
Jim a note and he can tell you more about how to obtain the plans and
cores.   Jim is a really good pilot and he wins almost every contest
he enters with this design.   But I think the Option 120 plane is so
well designed that it may even make me look like I know what I'm doing.