[NSRCA-discussion] TP battery question

John Johnson patrnflyr at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 26 07:48:26 AKDT 2008

Sorry guys for asking this but don't know where else to put it and I know you all could answer this in a split second. (I'm an electrical idiot and you'll be able to tell this by my dumb question) I fly pattern (10S) and have 4 packs of 5300 5S Pro lites that still have alot of life in them. We also have two new packs of the Extreme V2's 5000 which are already wired together as 10S and pre-labeled Group A and B. I'd like to rewire my pattern plane to accept just one cable connection and don't exactly know how to rewire the older batteries or where to look for the instructions. I am always getting confused on where I hook the Group A and B into the 210 Balancer. We've just used a Y harness before with no problems, but I want to standardize and simplify my electrical life. What does the Group A and Group B mean and why is it so critical for the 210/1010 setup? What happens if you get it backwards?  Could someone please walk me through how to solder up and label these packs? The pattern guys physically assemble the packs by placing stacked Depron foam between the batt's and using fiberglass strapping tape to make the "one pack". BTW, I have the latest firmware 2.3a with no problems... Thanks in advance for your help!John