[NSRCA-discussion] Road Runner e-mail delivery problems

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Sat Oct 25 09:36:12 AKDT 2008

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 06:22:15 -0400
"Jay Marshall" <lightfoot at sc.rr.com> wrote:

> Roadrunner is back! I had 70 nscra messages this morning!
>
> Jay Marshall

In the end (as one might imagine) the fault was not Roadrunners.
Another admin at the ISP where I work made a subtle DNS mistake while
trying to do some cleanup work.  The result was what is referred to as
a lame delegation - and RR's DNS servers discard lame delegation
replies.  My apologies for the RR brownout, stuff happens sometimes -
and I think my cohort learned an important lesson.

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com