[NSRCA-discussion] Pattern Kits

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Sat Oct 25 07:07:08 AKDT 2008

Black Magics (me) www.customairframes.com

Insight/Pentathlon (Mark Hunt) www.insightrc.com

Those are the only "domestic" wood/foam/glass pattern kits that I am aware of. Modern 2 meter that is. There is some new stuff in the works too, but it's way too early to get into details.

Then there is the Symphony, which is a composite kit www.aeroslave.ncom

and the Aggressor from RCME (Lamar Blair) http://webpages.charter.net/rcme/rcme_001.htm

There are some overseas if you can get them. The quality is very nice, the price is in line, the flying characteristics are decent.

Other than that, it's mostly ARFs.

Pattern kits are alive and well, just not well advertised to the general public. We don't tend to do the full page glossy ads in MA, and you don't generally see a picture of a Pentathlon or VF3 hovering on the cover LOL

-Mike