[NSRCA-discussion] YS newbie questions

Archie Stafford astafford at swtexas.net
Fri Oct 24 15:23:53 AKDT 2008

A spare one is no longer needed with the DZ series..they are every bit as
user friendly and dependable as my OS 1.40RX's ever were.

Ed, I personally prefer the AR-80 mount that Merle makes.  I've heard good
things about the YS mount also, but the AR-80 works great with this engine.

I broke both of mine in the same way.  Mounted the 18.1 X 11 that I was
going to fly, filled the tank with 30% Cool Power and went flying.  The same
was true with my 1.60 DZ.  Just didn't peak it all the way out at first,
although with how the engine gets lubricated on the front end, I'm not sure
this would be an issue.

On the 1.70's I'm getting around 7800-8000 on the ground with the 18.1 X 11
and it is just stupid power.  I know others have played with other props,
but I am really happy with this setup on my Black Magic.

Arch

  _____