[NSRCA-discussion] Road Runner e-mail delivery problems

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Thu Oct 23 12:19:14 AKDT 2008

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 12:56:37 -0400
Joe Lachowski <jlachow at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Tom, is there anything to the fact that I don't receive any of Jasons
> postings on the discussion list. The only way I see anything of his is
> when it comes as part of another persons posting. I receive the
> discussion list emails on my hotmail account.

Hi Joe,

Generally if you're getting ANY postings from the list, you should be
getting ALL messages from the list because the delivery mechanism is the
same for each message.  If you're only seeing a subset of messages, the
first place I would look is at any spam filtering you (or possibly your
ISP) are doing.  Although the occasional message will ring the spam bell
due to content, most won't.  If it's only mail from a specific person
that's missing, I would double check any e-mail filtering rules you've
set up (accidently or not).  I know all to well from the AOL feedback
loop for the list just how easy and common it is for folks to accidently
flag a legitimate message (or sender) as spam.

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com