[NSRCA-discussion] since the list is slooooooow...

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Wed Oct 22 11:06:27 AKDT 2008

Jason,
 I just use 6-32 threaded rod with DuBro aileron links. The problem with this is that since the aileron links place the holes for the clevis' really close to the rod, you have a problem getting the hole over the hinge line sometimes. I've also used Sullivan S566 6-32 adjustable horns. These place the hole 3/4" from the threaded rod. Better, but sometimes that's too long. I think if you made one with a 1/2" offset and one with a 3/4" offset it would cover just about any setup. Also, a light-weight (nylon) "nut" for the threaded rod would be nice too. Something with a 1/2" diameter base (to mathc the size of hard-point inserts) that tapers to a point - about 1/2" tall. This would help reduce the stress on the 6-32 threaded rod. Most guys (myself included)  just run the rods bare but I think the nylon nuts would give some added security against breakage on glow airplanes. There are a few of these made of aluminum but that's just overkill and too
 heavy.

John Pavlick