[NSRCA-discussion] Slide Rules....was Art Wagner

Troy Newman troy at troynewman.net
Mon Oct 13 16:04:59 AKDT 2008

Matt,

RPN is the only way to go.

I had the opportunity to watch my boss try and figure out my calculator,
HP-48. I left it on my desk and he just grabbed it for some quick
calculations. He's not an engineer. His comment was no wonder I can't
get things done on time. I have to go back to the Greeks for direction
on how to add 2+2

Not really the case, but RPN was something he didn't have experience
with. So I taught him how to use it and loaned him my HP-28 and he now
swears by it. There is nothing better than having a Stack to work with.

By the way Art doesn't do a Slide rule. That is too advanced, Abacus is
right up Arts' alley that way you can count the beads to make sure in
case you forget.

Troy