[NSRCA-discussion] 2008 Season wrap-up

Scott Smith js.smith at verizon.net
Sun Nov 30 03:35:16 AKST 2008

Two.

281 flights on a Prestige A60-20S

123 flights on a Prestige C50-XL14

One motor mount failure on the A60 after a 1 ½ down snap.  (The ply disk
delaminated
I was lucky the motor unplugged itself before any real damage
was done.)

I’ve greased the gear box in the C50 three times and replaced the wheels on
the #1 plane (after 374 flights total.)  That’s it for maintenance and why I
really like the electrics.

Oh, and I like the idea of pulling the motor routinely
I might have caught
the A60 loosening up!

Chris,  Speaking of slop soaring, have you seen the 371 mph record setting
flight?  Amazing what Joe and others are doing!  (I think he could use some
help though in the pitch control department from the likes of DeanP or
MattK!)   How many G’s you figure that 65# plane is pulling in those turns?

http://www.vimeo.com/2375301

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778363

(long thread but worth the read!)

  _____