[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba R6014FS Receivers

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Sun Nov 23 13:53:33 AKST 2008

Ed,

Good information.

The 10k pot establishes the output impedance for these tests (high), so the voltage drop of the signal when loaded by the servo will give some indication of the input impedance of the servos. (The DS821, for instance, obviously has a much lower input impedance than the other servos.) This could be a significant factor when loading a channel with multiple servos.

What could not be deduced from these tests is the output impedance of the receiver. How much drive do our receivers have?

In any IMAC type plane, I will have some type of powerbox arrangement (my favorite right now is Smartfly). No worry about signal levels at all.

Bob R.