[NSRCA-discussion] 2nd Annual NEVRC Pattern Contest 5/31- 6/1/08

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Thu May 29 08:02:04 AKDT 2008

I still have not got a motor/esc in my Prodigy so I cannot comment from experience. I only had one early Saturday morning with the E300 I bought from Joe L. and as he said, it was set up really tail heavy for 3D. The knee surgery will keep me sidelined for several more weeks but I am anxious to buck the 3D trend and pursue Smooth & Graceful.

The full size pattern planes I have observed were not handicapped by excess weight other than the rules. For the moment I believe a little excess weight may be beneficicial to the wind performance.

In the next few weeks I will set aside the walker and get back to driving and the workshop. I am looking forward to gaining more electric experience!

John Ferrell    W8CCW

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke
http://DixieNC.US