[NSRCA-discussion] Desperate

brian young brian_w_young at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 19:22:50 AKDT 2008

John what I had to do on mine, and a few others around was remove the valve cover and sand the cover where it meats the head. Just use some fine sand paper on a flat surface, or medium then fine. There is mold flash that sticks up and may cause a leak. Yours sounds worse, but this dried mine up.

  Brian

John Konneker <jlkonn at hotmail.com> wrote:
      .hmmessage P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    I have a bad fuel/exhaust leak on my YS 1.60.  It started just before my NMP header split but continued after replacing with
a Hatori header and 821 muffler.  I'm getting pretty desperate trying to find it.  I have replaced all the fuel lines.  I have snugged up
the flange that screws in to the head.  I have retightened the header flange.  I have checked the valve cover gasket.  I have checked
the head bolts but it still leaks.  I consider the leak bad enough that if I don't get it fixed by tomorrow I will have to miss my second contest in a row because of it.  It really soaks the inside of the engine compartment on the left (exhause) side.  Bad enough that when I run my finger down the firewall it is wet with oil.  The engine mount beams on the bottom sides are almost dripping.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
JLK