[NSRCA-discussion] Jeti 90 ESC coursing radio interference

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Sat May 24 22:19:49 AKDT 2008

Paul,
The BEC is almost guaranteed trouble with large battery packs/motors. You were wise to power the Rx with a separate battery. You'll also need a choke on the lead from your Rx and the controller. The interference is caused by the large current running from the batteries to the escape and motor. Make sure your Rx is as far away from the batteries as possible. If you do that, the choke should take care of the rest. If you're not familiar with a choke, it's like an aileron extension that loops through a magnet. It may also have a small circuit board depending on what brand you use. I've been using Futaba chokes for the last three years with good results. There are other brands out there as well.

Hope this helps,

Verne Koester