[NSRCA-discussion] Mode 3 Futaba Jr Q?

krishlan fitzsimmons homeremodeling2003 at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 12:53:25 AKDT 2008

I find it strange that some radios call it mode 3 and some mode 4.. You also fly this mode Chad?

  Chris

Chad Northeast <chadnortheast at shaw.ca> wrote:
  Every Futaba radio back to like the 7Super series can switch the mode 3 electronically.  The 9Z, 14Z (therefore 12Z) go one step further and allow you to put anything on the sticks, so you can assign them in whatever crazy way you wish!

One thing NOT to forget when doing this is trim things dont always move with the trims, so when you move the rudder and aileron trims across whatever they were set to they will stay at.....so if you had a lot of rudder trim in the model, when you cross the trims you will now have a lot of aileron trim.

After many years of switching radios to mode 3 (or mode 4 as some of the radios call it) I have found this out the scary way a few times :)

Chad
(from a nice balcony in Nafplio, Greece!).