[NSRCA-discussion] Rudder pull-pull

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Tue May 13 03:52:16 AKDT 2008

I am flying a 35% IMAC plane with a single servo on rudder.  Of course, I am not using 3D setting.  I am saving around 3/4 lb in servos and trays.

Clearly the ratio between the servo arm and the rudder horn can not be equal if we want to set for precision and gets the mechanical advantage.  Usually I use 35-40 degree rudder throw.  The servo moves around 60 degrees.  The ratio has to be between  0.58 - 0.66  since I want to use the 100% of the servo travel.  Looks like is very difficult to work this out and have a perfect system.  I could be wrong as usual.  I didn't have chance to read all e-mails.  My question is:  What is the best compromise?

--
Vicente "Vince" Bortone

From: <glmiller3 at suddenlink.net>