[NSRCA-discussion] Starters for YS in Canada

John Konneker jlkonn at hotmail.com
Mon May 12 06:25:01 AKDT 2008

I have the Kavan geared starter from B&P.  It starts my 1.60DZ with ease.  I think the ergonomics with the attached batt. pack is just
about perfect plus you don't have the cord going back to your field box to get rapped around stuff.  I have my Sullivans, both std. and Dynatron, from back in the '80s and much prefer the Kavan.  The slower rpm also seems to be easier on everything.
JLK

Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 06:39:24 -0700From: cchariandy at yahoo.caTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgSubject: [NSRCA-discussion] Starters for YS in Canada

Hi all

I tried to start my DZ with a regular, non-geared 12V Sullivan starter yesterday...no joy.

I know guys are running geared staters from B&P and PAM, but I can't find starters like those in Canada.

My options at the LHS are KAVAN and Sullivan Dynatron.

The KAVAN is really compact...but can it turn over a 170? And the Dynatron....I guess I can use it in the weight room after flying.

Can you advise which is more commonly used and functions better?

Of course if there are other options the Canadians can chime in.

Thanks much
Colin.