[NSRCA-discussion] Rudder pull-pull

James Oddino joddino at socal.rr.com
Fri May 9 07:43:49 AKDT 2008

The way I see it, the mechanical advantage is constant (assuming a
wheel on the rudder) and is in fact no mechanical advantage as the
radii must be equal to keep both cables tight at all rudder
positions.  With an arm on the servo, the holding force increases as
it moves away from neutral.  Picture the holding force if the arm
moved 90 degrees.  You'd break something before you could move the
servo position if you pulled on the cable.

Jim O