[NSRCA-discussion] 2,4 Module

Mark Atwood atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Thu May 8 07:19:54 AKDT 2008

The antenna¹s we used on the 72mhz band were 1/4 wave antenna¹s.  Approx 1
m.  The 72Mhz wavelength is 416cm for a full wave (varying some for which
specific frequency you were on.

The 2.4Ghz wavelength is only 12.4cm or about 4.8in.   So an equivalent
quarter wave antenna will only be about 1.2in in length.

-M

PS for those that care, wavelength (in cm) = speed of light (in cm) /
Frequency (in cycles per second)