[NSRCA-discussion] True R/C packs

AtwoodDon at aol.com AtwoodDon at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 07:39:59 AKDT 2008

That is one of the issues with these type packs.  You never know what  the
configuration is or what cells they may be using when you re-order.  To  give
credit where it is due, the 'name brand' packs can be replicated, you know  what
you are getting when you order a 'xyz 10s' configuration.  And you can
probably order another one 6-12 months from now and get the same thing.

Having said that, I too have been experimenting with 'generic' packs, so  far
with good luck.  My 'generic' 4100 pack has over 50 cycles on it and  going
strong.  However, it has to reach over a 100 cycles to reach break  even cost
with my 'name brand' packs which have well over 200 cycles each and  still
performing reasonable well.  Only time will tell.

I know the prices have dropped even more since I bought my 'generic' pack
late last summer so that cost ratio has probably shifted a little since  then.

Don

In a message dated 3/31/2008 7:13:21 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,