[NSRCA-discussion] Off topic: Scangauge

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Sun Mar 30 06:58:02 AKDT 2008

On the subject of oil/gas prices, I recently purchased this device, in the interest of learning how to save gas:  (and, I admit I am a gadget freak).

  http://www.scangauge.com/

  I was getting about 26.5 mpg with my Nissan Frontier pickup driving to/from work and locally.  With the instant feedback I was getting from the above device, I learned how to change my driving habits, and on the last tank of gas I got 31.8 mpg.  I now get better gas mileage locally than I get on the highway.

  Obviously, the best way to save gas is to slow down. But I was learning when was the best time to shift gears (manual transmission) and which routes really save gas.

  Just thought I would share with the group.

  Bob R.

"Linda A. Carnes" <flyingladylc at gmail.com> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                 Anything to reduce our oil consumption is great.

  As far as hurting the price of oil, my heart bleeds.

  The price of oil is hurting our economy; many families are having a hard time paying for groceries because of oil.

   Milk, meats, are 30% higher than last year.

  Let the oil companies hurt, badly I hope.

    Sincerely

Linda A. Carnes

In Loving Memory
Warren George Brown 1921 – 2005