[NSRCA-discussion] Interesting

krishlan fitzsimmons homeremodeling2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 29 21:44:14 AKDT 2008

Chris<Cali<Oil<OK<OrangeJuice<Loveit<doesn't have a few million friends.

Matthew Frederick <mjfrederick at cox.net> wrote:
      v\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  o\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  w\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  .shape {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }              More good points... Get Florida and California to allow oil rigs off their coasts and drill ANWR... The funny thing is that the people who complain most about the price of gas are the ones who won't allow refineries in their areas. For those who aren't tapped into the business... gasoline prices are not driven directly by the price of oil... it is basically a commodity just like orange juice. Its price is influenced by oil, but it really is basically a suppy/demand price. Build more refineries, and you increase the supply. Stop driving so damn many places (and convince a few million of your friends to do the same) thereby reducing demand, and we might actually influence the price, and then convince Al Gore to stop flying coast to coast on his private jet, and things might get a little better
 (oh, wait, he bought carbon offsets, so that makes him better than us...) Thank goodness Al Gore is not running for an office right now, otherwise I could be considered to be in violation of Civil Service ethics rules since my state has decided to become the most ethical state in the union...

  Matt