[NSRCA-discussion] Interesting Wind Farms

brett terry brett.terry at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 16:31:50 AKDT 2008

I remember when they locked down all the turbines in No-Cal because the
migratory birds and raptors were being killed.  I remember flying over them
and seeing hundreds of them standing still in the 25 kt cross wind (trade
winds) that were blowing us off course en route from John Wayne to Stockton
via a Cessna Centurion. Looked like a massive battlefield cemetery. That was
about 15 years ago.  I don't know the current status.  Beautiful flight.