[NSRCA-discussion] True RC batteries

James Oddino joddino at socal.rr.com
Sat Mar 29 08:23:23 AKDT 2008

Hi Nat,

  No, I get more power from the True RC at a given throttle setting as
there is less voltage drop, more current and therefore more rpm .  I
saw this in the data that Chris originally presented.  And they
definitely run cooler.  I was worried about the 10C rating and tried
to find out if there was a standard in the battery industry for rating
the continuos and peak currents.  I found none.  My thinking goes like
this.  If the voltage drops less and they stay cooler, they should be
rated higher.  So as long as they keep exhibiting these qualities I
will be happy no matter what the advertised rating is.

I haven't tried a different throttle curve because I figured I'd adapt
based on the perceived speed.  I'm finding I'm flying faster and using
more energy. I'm still in the 3500 mAh range but I think I'll stick
with at least 5000 mAh packs instead of trying to save weight.

Jim O