[NSRCA-discussion] Fuel

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Fri Mar 21 14:54:51 AKDT 2008

You're right! See what happens when you fly 2-strokes? You forget about stuff like that. :)

On a more serious note, when you REALLY think about flying electric as a "green" alternative you'll see that it's NOT. The generator that charges your batteries runs on gasoline and it needs oil changes (as Joe pointed out). Not exactly environmentally friendly. Even if you charge your batteries from an A/C power supply plugged into the wall (no generator), where do you think the energy comes from? Solar? No. Maybe Hydro-electric. Probabaly not. On the other hand, glow fuel motors burn alcohol. That IS an environmentally friendly fuel source and the emissions are much less than what is produced by an I.C. motor powered generator. So, I guess I'm more environmentally friendly than you guys. Hah!

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com