[NSRCA-discussion] Instructional Video

tocdon at netscape.net tocdon at netscape.net
Fri Mar 14 19:59:05 AKDT 2008

Well, there is a follow on, more comprehensive video constructed on detailed trimming and flight setup.? Context is large aerobatic aircraft but all trimming techniques and aircraft setups generally follow through to pattern models (I go through the same process).

Very technical, very detailed classroom style high quality video with a lot of tips and instructional content.
The context is precision aerobatics with IMAC as the focus to include detailed aircraft setup, trimming, building maneuvers, 3D portion with basic elements talked through on the bench, then real time instruction at the field. Its a different style of instruction from most other videos. The intent is to give the feeling that I'm there next to you at the field talking you through the maneuvers.

Some highlights:
Bench testing of servos and control surfaces for wear, control setups for optimizing sequence flying as well as 3D.
How to properly trim through the pyramid method. When do you trim aileron differential, thrust, all mixing types known and used for the most precise aircraft setup.
Talking though the effects of cross wind on the airframe from the aerodynamic standpoint and trimming the airplane properly at all airspeeds.
How to do snap rolls by working with the aerodynamic properties of the airframe.
Basics of 3D flying- the building blocks to get you going. How trim in 3D differs than in regular sequence trim.
How do learn an unknown.
Rolling harriers.
How to start an engine and listening for correct needle valve settings.

I've always enjoyed helping others and this is an avenue to do it.? The video was professionally edited and displayed, so there is cost, but focuses on technical content.? A lot of discussion included throughout.

You can follow discussion thread on this video at:? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6510893/anchors_7226819/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#7226819