[NSRCA-discussion] the joy of trim (thrust Protractor)

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 11 18:14:35 AKDT 2008

I “0” the fuselage center line, which goes through the stab and engine
centerline. I am trying to use “0” stab incidence. The wing is 3/4” below
the centerline and just over 1/2 degree incidence. Down thrust is 1 and
r-thrust is 1/2 degree. I got it a little tail heavy last fall and put it
back to about 38%, (big stab rev. 24%) which I was happy with before. I
screwed the set-up up some last fall trying to soften the nose drop when
pushing to inverted. I should know where I’m at by the end of July.
Jim