[NSRCA-discussion] FL contest

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Mon Mar 10 09:10:01 AKDT 2008

John Fuqua and I went down there on Friday afternoon and fought heavy
wind and rain for the last two or so hours.  Numerous accidents on
I-75 and tornados hit Perry, FL just after we went through.  Showed
up at the field on Saturday morning and were amazed that 20+ pilots
had braved the previous day's weather to get there.  Unfortunately
the winds were 25 MPH, gusting to 35 MPH and, after Joe Walker and
Eric Newsholme tested the air, pilots voted to postpone the contest's
start until Sunday early AM.  John and I decided to leave, so I don't
know what happened Sunday.

Ron Van Putte