[NSRCA-discussion] Ocala Results

Erik bladesmith at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 10 08:13:33 AKDT 2008

Ocala was crazy this year.
Winds exceeding upper limits of most comfort level.  A vote was taken at pilots meetings and with the forcasted winds it was determined that Saturday was not in the best interest of the aircraft.

However we voted to go on Sunday so we had a 3 round contest.  The effort was gong to be made for 4 but in the end we were able to just get in 3.
The winds subsided but the cold set it in.
We had 22 registered and 21 flew on Sunday.

The winners:
Sprotsman: Gary Freeman
Intermediate: Chris Odom
Advanced:Gary Courtney
Masters: Joe Walker
FAI: Not Flown.

All by memory 2nd and 3rd escape me at the moment.  Hopefully the full results will be posted.

The only casualty of the weekend was a brand new Osmose flown by Ivan Christinson.  It was determined that a wire from the switch broke in flight and the aircraft hit the ground.

We had rain wind and cold but in the end we all were determined to get the contest in, and if you've been to Ocala before you know that Ernie and Chris put on a good show at a great facility.

Congrats to all the winners and to all that showed up and flew in some very interesting conditions.
Erik